Thursday, January 3, 2013

Reflecting on 2012

2012, was a great year! Being laid off didn't come at a good time but I knew that God always has a plan. Being able to stay home with the kiddo's during the summer and fall was such a blessing. I wasn't able to stay home long with the kids while they were small, so I enjoyed my time home. We were able to swimming everyday and going to the gym (I miss). Finally getting the kids on a good schedule took time but we adjusted. I loved the ups and downs of being home. K started gymnastics!!! The kids and I were excited about our trip w/my family to see my Aunt & Uncle in TN. We had a blast - Looking forward to many more trips to TN. Next time Brian will be able to go. Once I was home for a few weeks I started to reflect on past jobs and I knew I would have to go back to work. I started praying about what I wanted for our lives and what I wanted for our kids. Looking back on what I loved about the last couple of jobs I had I knew I needed to go to school. I love being an admin but I need something that sets me apart and having a degree does that. So I talked to my mom who had just graduated from SAM HOUSTON with an HR degree,knowing she put herself though school while being a single mom to 2 kids. I knew I could do school + work + be a mom + be a wife (my plate is full!!). Continuing to pray about school and our family's needs I decided to go to school. Starting school was so stressful, paperwork and filing for financial aid. I'm all about trying new things (expect food-that I try to avoid at all costs)but this scared me. I just knew I was going to be the oldest one in the class. To my surprise I wasn't..... I made a lot of new friends and had a blast going to school. Once we (brian, my dad & I) worked out a plan for letting me study and picking up the kids. It was a piece of cake! I love school and challenging myself to do better. Getting closer to finals I started to worry but I knew I had a good GPA and I had done some extra credit to make sure I passed with good grades. (( ALL B's)) Knowing that I had a great support team made last semester a breeze. Now this sememster with working full time and school full time its going to be a challenge. Knowing that I have a great support team and God with me I know I can do all things. Looking forward to all the good things God has in store for us! I'm truly a blessed wife and mom. I love my life and wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment